March 23, 2018
Christian Hurttienne Architects
Experience: 1-3 Years
Architect I – Technical Associate
Christian Hurttienne Architects is seeking a talented and motived Technical Associate to join our downtown Detroit office. We are an award-winning firm specializing in multi-family residential and mixed use new construction. We have a notable history of working on historic structures for adaptive reuse and restorations, as well. Please visit our website at www.cha-c.com to learn more about us and our work.
Our partnership and staff has been curated to provide a depth of experience ranging from financing and regulatory advice, interior and exterior design, construction detailing, construction administration, and graphic communication. Our goal is to provide a well-rounded approach to architecture, which we bring to bear on programs for multi-family, mixed-use, and commercial buildings, both through new construction and the adaptive re-use of existing, often historic, structures.
Architect I Job Description
Architect, Level I position will be responsible for drafting and coordinating small to mid-sized projects to assure the most efficient and
successful execution of projects to the standards set by each client and the firm’s principals. A successful individual must excel at working
collaboratively while thinking independently to produce comprehensive design solutions, documentation and assist in facilitating varying
project delivery methods. Tasks will include design, document production and observation during construction. Qualified candidates must have
strong design, technical and communication skills, as well as a commitment to both design excellence and customer service.
1. Professional degree in architecture from an accredited school of architecture.
2. 1 – 3 years of professional experience in architecture, practicing as an Associate or Intern Architect.
3. Enrolled in the NCARB AXP program or qualified to enroll immediately upon start of appointment.
4. Experienced in all phases of projects, including contract documentation production and construction administration.
Position Skills / Principal Expectations
1. Demonstrated experience with technical design, planning, presentation, and tasks.
2. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (ordinances, codes and accessibility standards), building materials, building / engineering assemblies and project delivery methods.
3. Excellent graphic, communication and organizational skills (digital and physical).
4. Provide general office support to others in the office.
5. Proactively keep manager informed of work status and seeks clarification where appropriate.
6. Pro-active, self-disciplined, self-motivated, detail oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and confident.
7. Good interpersonal and professional work ethic skills and a willingness to collaborate with other team members.
8. Demonstrated ability and adaptability in the following software (minimum):
8.1. AutoDesk Revit
8.2. AutoDesk AutoCad
8.3. Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
8.4. Sketch-up Modeiling
8.5. Microsoft (word, excel, project).
9. Contribute to office activities, culture, initiatives, and learning programs.
Offers will be commensurate with experience and ability.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio including demonstrated ability to Christopher Christian reachable via email