November 3, 2016
Experience: 8-10 Years
The Detroit office of NORR is seeking an Architect with 8 or more years of professional experience with a background in retail, healthcare and commercial projects. Additional experience in hospitality and multi-family residential projects is an added plus. The Architect will lead the project team and manage the day to day production of multiple projects from original concept design to completion of design development and throughout the preparation of construction documents, specifications and during construction.
The architect’s duties will include understanding the project requirements, accurately preparing project construction documents; communicating with and coordinating the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors, team members; reviewing shop drawings, project submittals for document compliance; documenting code review and compliance; communicating and coordinating with all key stakeholders to resolve issues, and achieve project objectives in an efficient manner.
As a member of the project team, the candidate should have the flexibility to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines. In addition to possessing an aptitude for architectural design/development and problem-solving, the successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment or on independent assignments.
An ideal candidate has:
• 8 – 10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
• Architectural Registration preferred.
• Experience with writing specifications
• Knowledge and understanding of building codes.
• On-the-job experience using Revit and AutoCAD to produce construction documents.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and team members.
• Possess a strong desire to excel and lead in a fast paced, challenging and client-focused environment.
Please visit Norr.com, go to the careers page, and find the Architect position for the Detroit office.